Keeping It Right

Keeping It Right is for thought provoking conversationist. It's for those who love to talk about today's issues, yesterday's history and tomorrow's future.

Name:
Location: Texas, United States

Thursday, September 04, 2014

RF23 - ALL MONEY AIN'T GOOD MONEY

Here is my conversation with a "Fight for $15" Protester...

Me to a minimum wage hike protester:  Fight for 15, what's that about

Protester:  Umm, man we trying to get paid more money for where we work

Me: Where do you work?

Protester:  I work at Jack in the Box, I'm a cashier and cook

Me:  Oh, how long have you been there?

Protester:  Man, I been there, let's see, I been there for a year..

Me:  How old are you, if I may ask

Protester:  28

Me:  What did you do prior to working at Jack in the Box?

Protester:  I worked at Popeyes, then KFC and now Jack..

Me:  Wow, okay, are you in school? 

Protester:  Naw, man, I don't have time school, If I get this raise, maybe I will go back to school..

Me:  Go back, did you start and not finish?

Protester:  I dropped out of High School and never got my GED

Me:  Good luck in that...Let me ask you one more question and I'll let you go...Why do you feel entitled to whatever amount minimum wage?

Protester:  Man, for all we do, we deserve that raise, we bust our asses for small wages, low hours and the companies we work for our making mad profits.

Me:  So what happens if the minimum wage is increased and your employers lays people off?

Protester:  Then we'll sue they ass, they can't do that, that's like taking your ball and going home after finding out the rules have changed, that's bullshit! I wish they would, I'll burn it down...

Me:  Well good luck, and remember all money ain't good money..
Protester:  Fo' sho